Tales of a Football Coach

Monday 6 January 2014

Welcome to 'Tales of a Football Coach'

Welcome to my brand new weekly blog 'Tales of a Football Coach'. Each week i will be writing a post detailing the fun and games of the last 7 days. My tales take me from local schools, to grass roots clubs, to soccer schools, to 1:1 sessions, to county FA sessions and to elite level academy sessions in a category 2 academy.

I have been coaching at local grass roots level for the past 8 years, working with 2 very strong local clubs working with ages from Under 9's upto first team Helenic Premier Division standard. I am currently a Level 2 qualified coach that has completed Module 1 and 2 of the FA Youth Award and am completing Module 3 this coming February.


18 Months ago i applied for a new trainee coaches scheme at a local Championship clubs academy and after successfully completing the interview process and 7 months as part of the trainee scheme was offered the opportunity to work with the U8's within the Academy. The boys in this group are all competing to be signed by the Academy officially at the end of the season as the following season U9's. This experience was a real eye opener for me as to how vast the difference is between local level football and Elite level. Since then i have developed in the environment and after successfully applying for the position as U11 assistant i find myself in the position i am now, working with some of the best 10/11 year olds in the south west of England.


I hope you enjoy my tales and feel free to comment on what you read, with your thoughts on how things should be done and how you do things as learning from each other is the best way to develop.


See you in 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment